Gone are the days when one had to starve to loose weight . This was the only option that most people knew . But with more exposure to internet and a number of fitness books being published people are getting aware of the right and wrongs in this department . I was among those who fasted twice a week and had only two chapatis whole day , did lot of physical activity but hardly lost any weight Sometimes there is lack of hard work and sometimes we are doing it the wrong way . I was doing the latter one and Instead of getting results it was day by day becoming stressful and all it was leading to fear of eating .
So , here are some of my confessions ( or the way i thought ) :
- How can one eat six chapatis a day and still not get fat ?
- If i eat that much i would burst
- Skipping breakfast makes you loose weight
- Having carbs just in one meal is sufficient enough
- Biscuits can replace proper meals and wont lead to weight gain
- How one can eat samosa without worrying about anything ?
- COTTAGE CHEESE : Prepare your cheese fresh at home by just squeezing some lemon juice in boiling milk . Just 100 gms of it is sufficient to have it in between your meals when hunger bell rings . Make it more appetizing by adding some greens like parsley , mint or coriander leaves . rock salt and lemon juice make it yummier
- SOYA MILK: Its available in the market with different flavors . You can store it in your office also if you are a working woman .
- NUTS : Any type of nuts can be easily carried away as they need very little space and don’t mess up as they don’t leak or spill . Rich in antioxidants and a clean and healthy option too , but avoid the deep fried ones . I prefer a handful of five to six mixed varieties of nuts eaten together .
- ROASTED MAKHANA : Just as you make your pop corns you can roast your fox nuts OR aka makhanas in little desi ghee n salt . They taste awesome and are much more nutritious than the pop corns .
- LASSI OR CHAACH : Just like soya milk packed Lassi is available everywhere these days , I prefer it home made but if its not possible for you to make it at home have the packed ones . You can also blend your favorite fruit into it to make it more yummier and those who don’t like Lassi can have Plain or fruit yogurt instead of it .